Southwest Style Roast Pork Loin
As a big fan of southwestern style food, Joe just had to try this recipe. It's a delicious way tp prepare a pork loin roast.Print Pin Rate
- 1 4 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatillo, peeled, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped, seeded
- 4 oz diced green chiles, drained
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ tsp ground corriander
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño pepper and chiles; cook about 2 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add oregano, cumin, red pepper and coriander; mix well. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using sharp knife, score the roast diagonally and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover the roast with the cold vegetable mixture making sure to get it inside each slit; spread remaining mixture over top and sides of roast.
- Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 155°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.