Ranch Tzatziki Sauce
The gyro tacos at the Wapiti used Ranch Tsatziki sauce and, since we wanted to get as close to that as possible, we headed over to the Hidden Valley Ranch web site and came up with a combination of Alton Brown's sauce and Hidden Valley's sauce.Print Pin Rate
- 16 oz plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 oz Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator. We actually let it sit in the fridge overnight and the resulting sauce was a bit tight, but was still awesome.
- After pulling the yogurt out of the fridge, quarter the cucumber lengthwise and use a teaspoon to scrape the seeds out, then finely chop it.
- Turn the cucumber out onto a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to mix into the yogurt. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.