Pintos and Peppers Medley
We just happened to have some fresh peppers and tomatoes in the garden, and a nice fresh ear of corn from the market, so we came up with this little dittyPrint Pin
- 14 oz pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small or ½ large red onion
- 1 juicy red vine ripened tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- While the oil is heating up slice the kernels of corn off the cob and set aside. There are many different ways to do this, and several specialized tools have been invented to make it easier, but if you have a Bundt pan or a small and large bowl, the method described on A Family Feast works very well (if you don’t have a Bundt pan, just make a temporary one by placing a small bowl upside-down inside a larger bowl).
- Add the veggies, corn, and garlic to the pan with some salt and pepper to taste and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and continue to saute for a couple more minutes.
- Stir in the beans, reduce heat to low, and cover the pan.
- After about 10 minutes, uncover and check the salad. It should look something like the attached photo. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.