Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
I know I've said this befor, but this is an AMAZING soup. Perfect to warm your body on a cold day. Tasty, Tasty, Tasty!Print Pin Rate
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup hot watrer
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese 1 package
- 14¾ oz creamed corn
- 4 oz chopped green chilies undrained
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 medium tomato vhopped
- Divide chicken pieces into 3 even batches, then add 1 tbsp butter to a dutch oven heated iover medium high heat. Add on of the batches of chicken pieces to the butter and brown, then set aside and add onother tbsp of butter and one more batch of chicken. Brown and set aside. Add the last tbsp of butter and the last batch of chicken to the dutch oven, borwn, then set aside.We do this in 3 batches so the chicken actuallyt browns and isn't crowded in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onions to the pot. Cook until the onions are translucent, then add the garlic and cook for another minuite.
- Add the hot water to the pot and deglaze, making sure you get all those delicious brown bits off the bottom of the pot.Stir in the bouillon and cumin, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, corn, chiles, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low.Cover and cook for at least an hour and up to 2 hours, stirring frequently to make sure the soup doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the cheese and get it nice a melty. This should really thicken the soup into an chowder.
- Serve in a bowl, garnished with the chopped tomatoes.