Instant Pot Colcannon Potatoes
Tasty and hearty irish potatoes that go great with Corned Beef.Print Pin Rate
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 4 slices bacon
- 1½ cups sliced green onions
- 4 lbs medium russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb shredded cabbage
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley optional
- First, cook your bacon. We do it in the oven. lay your bacon out in sheet pan and place in a cold oven.Set the oven to 425°F and leave it alone until the temp gets to right around 325°F, then flip the bacon slices over and place back in the oven. Leave it alone until it reaches 425°F and then pull it out and flip the slices again. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes until the bacon is cooked, but not too crispy.Pull the bacon slices out and set them on paper towels. Pour the bacon fat into the Instant Pot.
- Add the potatoes and green onions to the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, then to an instant release. Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add in the milk, butter, cabbage, salt, and pepper and mash to your desired consistency, while stirring, until the cabbage is cooked, but still "al dente".
- Stir in the bacon and serve. Optionally sprinkle the parsley over the potatoes before serving.