Absolutely wonderful soup on a cold winter day or anytime you feel like something healthy, hearty, and delicious.Print Pin Rate
- 1 Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
- 1 lb ground pork sausage we used hatch chile breakfast sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups V8 Juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 med russet potatoes chopped into bite size chunks
- 2 med carrots chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 14.5 oz can corn drained
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans drained
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. While the pan is heating, form the sausage into a big relatively thin patty. Then place the patty in the skillet and sear well on both sides.
- Break the sausage patty into bite size chunks and continue to cook until done (no longer pink in the middle., then add to the slow cooker
- Add the onions to the skillet and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the broth to deglaze the pan and get all the brown bits mixed in.
- Add the broth mixture and V8 juice to the crock pot.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, cabbage, Worcestershire sauce, and cajun seaxoning to the crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours. Check for flavor at about 5 hours and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in large bowls with a hearty bread, butter, and honey.