Sometimes you want a juicy grilled roast with just a bit of a sear and you want it NOW!Print Pin Rate
- Disposable Roasting Pan
- Tri-Tip roast
- Tri-Tip Rub
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- Score the fatcap of the tri-tip in diagonal hash marks so the rub has some nice nooks and crannies to get in to. Place the tri-tip in a disposable roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the roast to give the rub something to hold on to.
- Rub the roast liberally with Tri-Tip Rub on all sides making sure to get it in all the nooks and crannies, then refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Spray the center of the grill with Canola oil or some other high heat cooking oil,Set the grill up for indirect heat for 425F. Then turn on the center burners as high as you can get them. Once the center grates are hot, place the roast, fat side up on the center grates and grill for 2½ minutes, then flip and do it again fat side down.While the roast is searing place the 2 sticks of unsalted butter in the center of your roasting pan.Remove the roast from the grill and set on top of the butter, then turn off the center burners.
- Place the roasting pan on the now extinquished center burners, close tht grill and cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 135F.
- Remove the pan fropm the grill and let the roast rest 10 minutes in the pan.Slice the roast.
- Serve it up!