- Slow Cooker
- 3 – 4 lb corned beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp corned beef spice mix
- Rinse and dry the corned beef.
- Create your rub paste by mixing together the corned beef spices, minced garlic, sugar and pepper.
- Place the corned beef fat side up in your slow cooker and spread the rub paste over the top. Any extra paste can be set in the cooker to the side of the corned beef.
- Add the vinegar and bay leaf to the side of the corned beef.
- Add just enough water to come up about 25% of the way to the top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Optionally, remove the corned beef from the slow cooker and place in an oven safe pan fat side up. Broil on low until the spice has crisped but not burned
- Slice and Serve.For those of you who say "Where's the potatoes and carrots?" we like to serve this with our Colcannon Potatoes and Sous Vide Glazed carrots. You can add the carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker about 4 hours into the cook, but we really like to do them seperately.
Hey! Don’t forget to add our Colcannon Potatoes and Sous Vide Glazed Carrots to your meal.