Creamy Bratwurst Stew
Yet another delicious cold weather dish to keep you warm and healthy. Just what you need after shovelling a bunch of snow off your driveway and walks.Print Pin Rate
- 1 Slow Cooker or Crockpot
- 1¾ lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs bratwurst links
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Chop your veggies
- Place the veggies in the crock and toss to mix.
- Top with the bratwurst links
- Mix the salt, pepper, and basil with the broth
- Pour the broth over the sausage and veggies, then cook on low for 6 – 7 hours until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Remove the sausages from the crock abd raise the temperature to high.
- Cut the brats into 1 inch slices.
- Return the slices to the crock and toss to combine.
- Stir in the cream
- Mix corn starch and water into a smooth slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the crock and combine well.
- Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 30 minutes
- Serve it up!