Chicken, Sausage, and Peppers
Got this one from the Food Network and boy was it delicious! Give this one a try and it will quickly become a favorite.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage wimps can go with sweet
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 large Italian green frying peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 jarred pickled cherry peppers
- 2 tbsp jarred pickled cheery pepper liquid
- Give a rough chop to the onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Chop the sausage into bite size chunks. Add 1 tbsp of the butter to a skillet over medium high heat , then sear both sides o the sausage and set aside.
- Chop the chicken into bite size chunks then add salt and pepper to taste and sear both sides in the same skillet over medium high heat then set aside with the sausage.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1 tbsp of the butter to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet to deglaze and get all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce for about a minute.
- Add the broth, chicken, and sausage to the skillet, bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the sausage and chicken are cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Using a slotted spoon, set the chicken, sausage, and veggies aside in a serving platter or bowl.
- Increase the heat to medium high and stir in the parsley, cherry peppers, and cheery pepper liquid.
- Boil the sauce until reduced by half and stir in the remaining tbsp of butter. cook until the butter is melted and well incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, sausage, and peppers and serve with a nice fresh bread.