Casa Cordova Easy, Quick and Tasty Stuffing Dressing
So, depending on whether you're stuffing pork chops or making a stand alone side dish, this recipe is (as it says in the title) easy, quick, and tasty.Print Pin Rate
- 1 box Stove Top Savory Herbs stuffing mix or your favorite instant stuffing
- 1/2 lb Breakfast sausage
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow or green onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Form the sausage into a patty about 1 inch thick and sear both sides in a frying pan over medium high heat, then break the patty up into 1/2 inch chunks and continue to cook until all the pink is gone. This guarantees the sausage will have a crispy texture.Set the sausage aside.
- Add the bacon fat butter and olive oil to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant (about a minute).
- Stir in the celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries, making sure to separate any clumps, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the mixture to the sausage and combine well.
- Now it's time to make the stuffing mix. Do whatever it says on the box. We always do the stove top method.
- Add the stuffing to the sausage mixture and mix well, but don't destroy the stuffing in the process.
- If your using this as stuffing, then you're done. If not, then preheat the oven to 350F.Put the stuffing in an oven safe bowl (here you can see we put it in separate ramekins for fancy sake).
- Place a dollop of bacon fat or butter on top of the stuffing and place it in the oven.
- There ya go!