Breakfast Egg Rolls
Delicious and Easy breakfast egg rolls start off life as a sausage egg scramble, then become an egg roll, then go in your stomach!Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp bell peppers any color, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- olive or canola oil spray for air frying
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil for sautèeing
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter for cooking eggs
- Form the sausage into a thick patty and cook in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat until both sides are well seared
- Break the sausage patty up into bite size crumbles using a wooden spoon or spatula and continue to cook until no longer pink, then remove the meat and set aside.
- Lower temperature to medium, add the olive oil into the skillet and then add the onions when the oil has heated. Cook for about a minute
- Stir in the garlic and cook another minute
- Stir in the peppers and cook 3 – 5 minutes until soft but still with a little bite.
- Remove veggies and set aside. Add the butter to the pan then beat the eggs in a bowl and pour into to the skillet when the butter is melted. wait until the bottom has firmed and then keep folding the eggs over until they are fluffy and done. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the sausage and veggies into the eggs
- Stir the cheese into the skillet and mix well, then remove from heat.
Assemble the Egg Rolls
- Lay an egg roll out in front ov you in a diamond shape. Add 1/4 cup of the egg mixture to the middle of the egg roll.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the mixture.
- Fold the left and right corners up and over the bottom corner so the roll looks like an open envelope.
- Roll the egg roll tightly up toward the top corner and seal the edges by dipping your fingers into a little water and dabbing the edges.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360F and then spray the egg rolls with cooking olive oil or canola oil. Place the egg rolls into the air fryer makeing sure to only add enough to ensure you have plenty of air flow all around the food. Cook for 5 minutes, remove, and eat!