Beer Can Chicken
Almost everyone has their favorite Beer Can Chicken recipe, this one is ours. It’s delicious, succulent, easy, and uses BACON!Print Pin
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) whole chicken
- 4 tbsp Chicken Rub
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sage leaf
- 1 can favorite beer
- 1/2 lb bacon
- Open beer can and immediately drink half.
- Preheat grill or oven to 450 degrees F. If you’re grilling, set it up for indirect heat.
- Wash chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub 1/2 of the spice rub on inside cavity of chicken, then gently peel skin away from chicken and rub spice rub into meat of chicken. You can rub a little more on the outside as well.
- Drop the garlic cloves, peppercorns, rosemary, and sage into the beer can
- Place chicken, butt end down, over the beer can to insert the beer into the cavity, then place chicken and can, standing up, on a baking tray or cast iron skillet.
- Place 1/3 of each bacon slice in the top cavity of the chicken and drape the remaining 2/3 down the outside of the chicken. Pierce the bacon to the chicken with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in the oven or grill for 10 minutes and then lower temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Continue to cook for another 1 hour, or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165 F.
- Slice and serve.