Air Fryer Shrimp Egg Rolls
We did this with shrimp mostly because we hadn't had shrimp in awhile. It should work with pork too and we'll update the recipe when we've tried that. Also, you'll notice a obvious lack of photos for some the instructions. Sometimes the actual cooking of the food gets in the way of the presentation. We'll update the recipe with more photos as we do this again.Print Pin Rate
- Air Fryer
- Egg Roll Wrappers the original recipe called for 12, but we found it makes 6 dinner sized portions
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- Cole Slaw Mix the original recipe calls for 3 cups, but we just use 1 package
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp five spice powder
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- Chop the shrimp into small bite size chunks
- Heat a small amount of canola oil in a skillet, then adfd the coleslaw mix, celery, onions, salt, sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil with salt and pepper. Add the soy sauce, grated ginger, and five spice powder and saute on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until veggies are tender-crisp
- Remove from heat and add the shrimp making sure everything is well mixed together.
- As with all of these Egg Roll recipes, place your egg roll wrappers in front of you so they are in a diamond shape. Then spoon 1/6 of the filling onto the center of the roll .
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper up and over the filling, then fold the left and right corners over the bottom corner.
- Finally, roll the wrapper up, tightly, toward the top corner. Dip your fingers in water and spread them on the edges to seal.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 or 375 (depending on the fryer) and spray the egg rolls with olive oil or canola oil.
- When the fryer has reached its temperature, place egg rolls in the fryer, making sure there is plenty of space for air flow around them. We do 3 egg rolls per batch.Cook for 5 minutes
- Nom nom